We recruit, nurture, maintain, and honor a highly diverse, highly qualified resident staff of theater artists, administrators, educators and operational staff members. We focus on providing fair and competitive compensation and opportunities for growth.
Positions are updated as they become available and subsequently are filled. On an as needed basis, we also have a variety of internships available. We also post information about auditions as they become available.
Dallas Children's Theater
Development Assistant - Records
Status: Full Time - Exempt
Open Until: Position Filled
For over 27 years, Dallas Children's Theater (DCT) has been astonishing kids and families with the fun of Broadway-like plays and a lot more! Named by Time magazine as one of the top 5 children's theaters in the country, DCT is DFW's only theater center committed to bringing literature to life for children year round. Each year, DCT's devoted cast of professional artists and others expose more than 255,000 people to what is clearly one of the best educational and artistic experiences available. In addition, through hands-on workshops, substantive classroom curriculum, onstage performance and supplemental forums for discussion around tough themes such as bullying, learning differences, eating disorders and dating violence - to name a few - DCT provides kids and families with a safe, non-threatening environment in which to experience the performing arts and exchange important and character-building ideas at the same time.
We are seeking a detail-oriented individual to support the administrative aspects of our donor and corporate relations activities. Qualified candidates should have database management experience, excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills and a clear understanding of gift processing/recognition for a nonprofit. Ideal candidates will be proficient in the use of Tessitura (or similar donor database.)
• Associate's or bachelor's degree in a related field.
• A minimum of three years' experience in an administrative position,
preferably in a not-for-profit development office
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; database management experience - Tessitura preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to organize and prioritize work
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to remain focused and organized under multiple and tight deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and as a team player.
To apply, email resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com.
For a complete position description, please click here.
Part-time positions assisting the production department are available on an as-needed basis throughout the season. Positions include:
• Light & Sound Board Operators
• Running Crew
• Sound Engineer
To apply, e-mail your resume along with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dallas Children's Theater
Facilities & Security Manager
Status: Full Time- Hourly/ Non- Exempt
Open Until: Position Filled
Dallas Children's Theater is now seeking a Facilities and Security Manager. This is a full time, hourly, non-exempt position with benefits. This position is year-round and eligible for overtime after 40 weekly hours. A flexible schedule and ability to work nights and weekends are required. Send all resumes and cover letters to Matt.Grevan@dct.org. No phone calls please.
Requirements of this position include:
• Working knowledge of building maintenance best practices
• Ability to lift items weighing up to 40 pounds
• Ability to work well with heights
• Strong ability to problem solve quickly
• Experience with basic word processing software
• Valid Drivers License
• Knowledge and experience in facilities management
Duties of this position include:
• Identifying opportunities and repairing/maintaining the facility, furniture and fixtures outside of the theater spaces. This includes performing preventative maintenance.
• Supervising all contracted cleaning and garbage removal services, maintenance and repair services that support day-to-day operations.
• Managing maintenance contracts covering elevators
• Managing facilities operations budget
• Developing and maintaining standard operating procedures relevant to the facility.
• Ensuring DCT is a safe and hazard free working environment.
• Regularly patroling the inside and outside of the Rosewood Center to ensure safety.
• Assisting patrons, guests and staff to and from building as needed.
• Maintaining the facility's security and fire plans.
• Locking and unlocking facility in coordination with buildings Master Calendar.
• Providing support and assistance during building rentals.
• Staying current in knowledge of safety and security
• Assuming responsibility for DCT building maintenance, including issues raised during inspections.
• Other duties as assigned
^ Back to top
Dallas Children's Theater online position announcements are intended only to provide general descriptions of employment opportunities; none of the information provided for any position should be interpreted as a commitment by Dallas Children's Theater to specific terms and conditions for employment.
DCT is committed to the kind of excellence in theater arts programming that challenges and inspires young people from every race, culture, gender, social class, ability and sexual orientation to develop their unique creative talents and individual perspectives in order to contribute to a more pluralistic and peaceful world.
DCT promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion in all areas of the institution, including its programming, board and staff.