ELEPHANT & PIGGIE'S
"WE ARE IN A PLAY!"
Based on the Elephant & Piggie books by Mo Willems
Published by Hyperion Books for Children
Script and Lyrics by Mo Willems
Music by Deborah Wicks La Puma
Originally commissioned and produced
By the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
DIRECTOR: NANCY SCHAEFFER
MUSIC DIRECTOR ADAM C. WRIGHT
Dates: MONDAY, OCTOBER 9th from 6:00pm – 10:00pm
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 10th from 6:00pm – 10:00pm
CALL FOR APPOINTMENT AT: 214-978-0110 or email email@example.com
LOCATION: DCT's Rosewood Center for Family Arts
5938 Skillman at Northwest Highway, Dallas, 75231
ROLES: seeking a DIVERSE ensemble of SINGING & DANCING ADULT ACTORS to portray Mo Willems' beloved characters (see breakdown)
All stage managerial positions have been filled.
Local actors encouraged to attend.
Gerald – male, best friends with Piggie, a lumbering somewhat formally-attired elephant; prone to melancholy.
Piggie – female, an ebullient, inquisitive pink pig. Best friends with Gerald.
Squirrelle #1 – female, part of a trio of singing squirrels. Best friends with Gerald & Piggie.
Squirrelle #2 – female, part of a trio of singing squirrels. Best friends with Gerald & Piggie.
Squirrelle #3 – female, part of a trio of singing squirrels. Best friends with Gerald & Piggie.
The roles of Dog and Penguin have been cast.
Click here to review the rehearsal and performance calendar.
- Please prepare a short musical selection of a Broadway up–tempo song.
- Bring your own sheet music properly marked & in your key.
- Accompanist will be provided.
- Also, please bring your headshot and resume stapled together.
Rehearsals Begin: January 2 – 20, 2024
Production Dates:January 21 – March 1, 2024
• Expected to attend: Director Nancy Schaeffer and Musical Director Adam Wright
• DCT operates under an LOA–TYA agreement with Actors' Equity Association.
• Non–union adult actors will receive a performance fee.
• Performances will take place at DCT's Rosewood Center Baker Theater.
• Schedule includes weekday student matinees & weekend matinee performances.
• Perusal script will be available at DCT.
To sign up to be on DCT's Audition Announcement list, Click here.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Box Office at 214-978-0110.
^ Back to top
Dallas Children's Theater online audition announcements are intended only to provide general descriptions; none of the information provided for any audition should be interpreted as a commitment by Dallas Children's Theater to specific terms and conditions for acceptance and/or employment.