Based on the classic book by E. B. White
Adapted by Joseph Robinette
DIRECTOR: Artie Olaisen
Dates: MONDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2023 from 6:00pm – 10:00pm
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2023 from 6:00pm – 10:00pm
CALL FOR APPOINTMENT AT: 214-978-0110
LOCATION: DCT's Rosewood Center for Family Arts
5938 Skillman at Northwest Highway, Dallas, 75231
ROLES: seeking a diverse Fully-Vaccinated-Boosted ensemble of ADULT ACTORS to portray a variety of characters both human, animal & insect.
- WILBUR - a rambunctious, strongly emotional pig, the runt of the litter.
- CHARLOTTE A. CAVATICA - a spider who befriends Wilbur.
- FERN ARABLE - a young girl with a kind heart and a love for animals who adopts Wilbur.
- JOHN ARABLE - Fern's father.
- MARTHA ARABLE - Fern's mother.
- AVERY ARABLE - Fern's brother who has a lot of energy and is known to get into trouble.
- HOMER ZUCKERMAN - Fern's Uncle.
- EDITH ZUCKERMAN - Fern's Aunt.
- LURVY - a hired hand on the Zuckerman's farm.
- TEMPLETON - a caustic, self-serving rat.
- THE GOOSE - a friendly farm animal focused on hatching her eggs. Has a humorous and repetitive speech pattern.
- THE GANDER - a friendly farm animal, companion to the Goose and shares her repetitive speech pattern.
- THE OLD SHEEP - an impatient but compassionate farm animal.
- THE LAMB - an uncensored and child-like farm animal.
The role of UNCLE has been cast.
- Readings from the script. Sides available.
- Provide photo/resume.
- Proof of full vaccination & booster.
Rehearsals Begin: April 3rd, 2023
Production Dates: April 27th–May 27th, 2023
• Union contracts available.
• DCT is a member of the Equity Candidacy Program.
• Non-union adult actors will receive a performance fee.
• Performances will take place at DCT's Rosewood Center Baker Theater.
• Schedule includes weekday student matinees & weekend matinee performances.
• Perusal script will be available at DCT.
^ Back to top
Dallas Children's Theater online audition announcements are intended only to provide general descriptions; none of the information provided for any audition should be interpreted as a commitment by Dallas Children's Theater to specific terms and conditions for acceptance and/or employment.