Call for Auditions are posted as they become available.
The World Premiere Production of
SKIPPYJON JONES – A NEW MUSICAL
Production: The World Premiere Production of SKIPPYJON JONES – A NEW MUSICAL
Based on the series of books by Judy Schachner
Book by: Linda Daugherty
Music & Lyrics by: Nick Martin
Director: Nancy Schaeffer
Music Director: Nick Martin
Monday, NOVEMBER 3, 2014 from 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Tuesday, NOVEMBER 4, 2014 from 6:00pm – 10:00pm
Call for Appointment: 214-978-0110
DCT'S Rosewood Center for Family Arts
5938 Skillman at Northwest Highway
Dallas, TX 75231
Seeking a singing & dancing ensemble of
Adult & a chorus of youth actors ages 10 & up
Please Note: THE ROLE OF SKIPPYJON HAS BEEN CAST
- Adult Actors – Prepare 16-32 bars of an upbeat song (accompanist provided)
- Please bring music in correct key. No a capella auditions
- Youth Actors will be asked to sing a familiar song (Details available when making your audition appointment)
- Dress to move
- Be prepared to read from the script (please be familiar with the material)
- Bring headshot / resume
Rehearsals begin: December 29, 2014
Production Dates: January 22 – February 27, 2015
- Union contracts available
- DCT is a member of the Equity Candidacy Program
- Non-union adult actors will receive a performance fee
- Performances will take place at DCT's Rosewood Center Baker Theater
- Schedule includes weekday student matinees & weekend matinee & evening performances
- Perusal script will be made available at DCT & STAGE
Teen Brain: The Musical
Book by Linda Daugherty, music and lyrics by Nick Martin.
Directed by: Nancy Schaeffer
Audition Dates: Monday, November 17, 2014, beginning at 6:00pm
Dallas Children's Theater, Rosewood Center
5938 Skillman at Northwest Highway, Dallas, Texas
Rehearsals Begin: Monday, January 19, 2015
Production Dates: February 19 – March 4, 2015
Roles: Seeking an ensemble of teen actors, grades 9-12.
Available Roles: speaking roles and ensemble members.
- 16 bars of an upbeat musical theater number – bring sheet music, accompanist provided.
- Readings from the script. (Please be familiar with the material.)
- Bring Photo/Resume and list of conflicts for rehearsal/performance period.
- Dress to move.
- This is an all-youth production and is a co-production of the DCT Academy and Mainstage.
This a class with a $250 tuition that is due at the first rehearsal if cast.
- Students will NOT be double-cast.
- Performances will take place at DCT's Rosewood Center Studio Theater.
- Schedule includes weekend matinee & evening performances and five weekday (school morning) student matinees.
- Perusal script will be made available at DCT.
Must call for audition appointment – contact Terry Feagin, 214-978-0110.
^ Back to top
Dallas Children's Theater online audition announcements are intended only to provide general descriptions; none of the information provided for any audition should be interpreted as a commitment by Dallas Children's Theater to specific terms and conditions for acceptance and/or employment.